Important notice for all field trips!
We love having people on our trips. However, what we do can sometimes be dangerous if we are not careful. You are strongly advised to read the full rules here. Here are some key highlights to remember.
- Children must be closely attended at all times. One adult per child. They cannot be wandering off.
- Bring safety glasses. We may have extras available, but if you do not have them, you will not be able to join the trip. They should be on at all times.
- Wear real shoes. Sandals and flip flops are completely unacceptable. You will not be able to join the trip if you do not have proper footwear.
- Just be careful. Watch out above and below you on rock piles. Watch out for others nearby before beating on rocks.
- Have fun. As serious as the above is written, we just want to make sure everyone is safe and enjoying themselves. That's what we're here for, right?
Unless otherwise noted, we meet up for our field trips at the Ace Hardware / Shopko Hometown parking lot in Ishpeming along US-41 about a half mile west of the roundabout. We leave at 9:30am; ideally, you will be present at 9:00. There will be a liability waiver to sign and a fee ($5 for members, $10 for non-members).
Our meetings take place at the Cliffs Shaft Mining Museum. The full address and contact is located here. You don't need to be a member to stop in! The doors open at 1:00pm, followed by our main program at 1:30, a silent auction, and then the business meeting. We also have door prizes!